A fellow fashion blogger posted a great top ten list of fashionable movies. I have loved many of these films (especially anything with Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe). I previously blogged about how much I loved watching the 40's fashion in the movie Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day. Dare I add it to the list at #11?
1. Sabrina (1954) Humphrey Bogart, Audrey Hepburn, William Holden
2. Breakfast At Tiffany’s (1961) Audrey Hepburn, George Peppard
3. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes (1953) Jane Russel, Marilyn Monroe
4. Rear Window (1954) Jimmy Stewart, Grace Kelly
5. Annie Hall (1977) Dianne Keaton, Woody Allen
6. Saturday Night Fever (1977) John Travolta, Karen Lynn Gorney
7. Grease (1978) John Travolta, Olivia Newton-John
8. The Talented Mr. Ripley (1999) Matt Damon, Gwyneth Paltrow
9. Devil Wears Prada (2006) Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway
10. Sex and the City (2008) Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall
Side note: In case you love Audrey as much as I do, you can now own a piece of history. Three years ago Audrey's Breakfast at Tiffany's gown (below) sold for a whopping £410,000. Now more iconic pieces from Audrey Hepburn's amazing wardrobe are up on the block. Fifty per cent of the proceeds will be donated go to The Audrey Hepburn Children's Fund. Highlights from the sale will be show at Sotheby's New York, November 21-22 and at Sotheby's Paris, December 1-2. Visit Kerry Taylor Auctions for more information: http://www.kerrytaylorauctions.com.
Bottom image and auction info courtesy of http://www.catwalkqueen.tv/2009/11/audrey_hepburns_1.html