10/23/09

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day- Period Piece Showcases Current Fall Fashions?

I watched Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day while blogging on my couch last week.  It wasn't so much the story that had me captivated, it was the fashions!  Take this dressing gown/robe (see left). I am not a huge fan of pink on myself, but don't those maribu feathers make you want to glam up your boudoir ASAP?  Add pair of kitten heeled slippers (wouldn't my downstairs neighbors love that) and I'd be set.

What amazes me the most is how some of the current fall trends came from this war-time era.  I'm looking forward to femininity and luxe being back in style.

If you haven't seen the movie yet, you really should.  It's not a period piece of Titanic proportions, but a fun film with plenty of pleasing fashion to look at.  Check it out on IMDB.










Images courtesy of http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0970468/

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails