Look 1 (left):
- belting this dress gives added shape
- layering the cardigan adds texture and interest
- the tone-on-tone leggings and pumps give this a lean appearance
Look 2 (right):
- don't let anyone tell you you can't pair black and brown
- layering the dress over a turtleneck is on-point for this fall
- the black turtleneck balances out the black tights and boots
- again, belting the dress is a MUST for this look
When I am flipping through fashion mags and fashion blogs, one of the features I enjoy the most are the "one dress: two ways" articles. Lucky Magazine is great about showing us one blouse styled multiple ways (dressed up and down) to maximize our wardrobes.
This is exactly what I do when I am working with clients in their own closets- maximizing what they already have. I help them to identify which pieces are "keepers" and then make multiple outfits using those pieces. Stay tuned for pictures I have taken during some of these consultations.
Images courtesy of Banana Republic