11/19/12

Dries Van Noten: A Study in Sheer, Plaid, Structure, and the 90s.

One of my favorite high-fashion houses is Dries Van Noten. (Remember how much I celebrated Maggie Gyllenhaal in one of his dresses at the Oscars??) The Belgian designer (whose name is Dries Van Noten, by the way) creates women's clothing that is always as beautiful as it is artistic. The show for the Spring/Summer 2013 line was, simply put, relaxing to flip through. Every silhouette was easy and louche, with the only structure ever coming in with the pencil skirts or a sleeveless, peplum-hem jacket. Layering pieces like pull-over sweaters and button-up shirts were made in sheer fabrics, even shorts had a sheer, pant-length overlay. Practically everything seemed to be made in either organza, mousseline, or crepe. The over all effect was breezy and cool. It was easy to imagine his muse: a 90's girl about town who's grown up since.

I went through WhoWhatWear.com and nabbed my favorite looks to share with you. And in case any of you have ever thought, "Where do stylists get their inspiration and information from?" I can tell you, for me it's Who What Wear. That's my first stop.

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy the following hand-clicked selection of Dries Van Noten looks. They're my favorites :)












 




 
My personal favorite.



signature

 

Image(s) courtesy of WhoWhatWear.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails