Retail stores and fellow stylists alike are getting ready for the holiday season and all the fashionable events that come with it. I don't know about your inbox, by mine is inundated with emails covering all the best party frocks in town. If you don't feel like renting that designer special occasion dress, here are some designer suggestions and their wallet-friendly alternatives:
Kermit had it all wrong- it is easy being green!
1) WhoWhatWear suggested this Elizabeth and James Penelope Dress ($365) from Saks. The color is bright, fresh, and youthful. The strapless dress is always a party pleaser. The great part about this dress is the black tie waist, which will emphasize the waistline and give you more of an hourglass figure. You could eat a steak in this dress and still feel comfortable!
2) For the frugalista, Bloomingdale's Aqua line has a strapless satin tube dress ($88) in a similar jade green color. Stylist Tip: You can belt a shapeless dress to give you the same curves. I prefer to use a stretch belt (as pictured) versus one with belt holes to adjust the size.
3) The Aqua silk taffeta bow dress from Bloomingdale's ($220) has a sweet ballet feel to it. Stylist Tip: Want to take it up a notch? Belt this one as well! Just make sure you lay the belt across the already defined waist line (hide the seam).
4) One shoulder dresses are all the rage right now. Try BCBG's one-shoulder cocktail dress ($148) from Saks with the drop wait.
5) If you want to go with something a little more funky this holiday season, the Phoebe Couture Strapless silk dress with zipper (ON SALE $246.50) is the way to go.