TOP 5 TIPS TO BEING A BETTER SHOPPER:
- Get there when they open. Seriously. It's usually 10am. Just do it.
- Know your exits and bathroom locations. Again, seriously. If you've got family in tow or kids with temperamental bladders, you need to be able to move quickly.
|Be like this woman! Grab multiple pairs|
- Shop shoes first. I know it sounds backwards but trust me, if you're going on a weekend, that department gets slammed pretty quickly. Plus, when the store's just opening it's quieter so chances are good you'll have an associate all to yourself. **EXTRA TIP ** Keep yourself on-budget by buying only what you NEED, not what you love...sorry. I know the shoes are pretty but you DON'T need them all!
- In clothing, look for areas that are merchandised with a color palette you tend to wear/look good in OR those that are item specific, like a rack with only dresses or coats. If you're working from a list (which you should be) you can check off the specific items after perusing these racks.
- In accessories by a harsh critic. You can easily pick up 5 pieces (or is it just me?) and have inadvertently added $-$$$$$$ dollars to your end total. Be mindful! Buy only what you need. But if you don't have anything, buy gradually. Start with what you need, like a scarf and hat over earrings and a bracelet, and work your way up from there.
See, don't you feel good now?! I bet you're ready to tackle the weekend warriors, those ever vigilant shoppers who've turned a pastime into a sport. Good luck!