9/7/10

Fashionable TV Shows: "Mary Tyler Moore" Show

 

I find inspiration for my personal style from various sources, including books, television and movies.  And I am not alone in this.  Our media is influencing other areas in our lives as well.  Eat, Pray, Love is sending women in droves on their quests to experience life in Bali.  One hit 70's television show in particular had many women flocking to NYC- the Mary Tyler Moore show.  I have to think it wasn't just her lifestyle, but her fashion sense that lured women to the show.

I want both of these outfits (minus the polyester).
Mary's dress and belt (above), paired with the right boots, so 2010, right?  Now picture Samantha Jones or Carrie Bradshaw in Rhoda's outfit.  Straight out of Sex and the City.

Lovin' the sleeves on this blouse!
That is the perfect fall "orange".
Just goes to show the "safari" trend never really goes out of style- it just re-invents itself.



What celebrity (alive or dead) inspires you?  How do you incorporate 70's inspired fashion into your current wardrobe?
Did you know a statue of this scene exists in memory of the show?

Image(s) courtesy of Google image search

3 comments:

Unknown said...

GREAT Post! Obsessed with MTM! follow me at http://stilettobeats.blogspot.com/ xoxo ejc

Anonymous said...

I'm TOTALLY obsessed too! I love love love MTM! Mary Richards and Laura Petrie!

Anonymous said...

LOVE MTM SOOO MUCH! I LOVE MARY RICHARDS AND LAURA PETRIE! SOO MUCH!
LOVE, A KINDRED SPIRIT.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails